Monday, September 7, 2009

Email to the judge

From: RDShatt
To: ecf-helpdesk@cacd.uscourts.gov
CC: mbolanos@hamnerlaw.com, bsk@kbklawyers.com
Sent: 9/7/2009 8:15:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Fairchild et al v. AOL, Case No. CV09-03568 CAS (PLAx)

Dear Judge Snyder,

I have received notice as a purported member of the plaintiff class, but I am writing this email more as a citizen who has strong beliefs that class action lawsuits such as this AOL lawsuit, on balance, ill serve important societal interests, they do not contribute positively to advancing relevant societal interests in a way that justifies them, and such litigation should be prevented from occurring..

Whether I, as a member of the plaintiff class, will actually file an objection with the court is something I will decide later. In the meantime I am copying this email as shown above to counsel for the plaintiffs.

One of the reasons I believe this sort of class action litigation ill serves important societal interests is that I believe the litigation undermines corporate business ethics. My argumentation in support of this contention is set forth at length in this online article of mine: Does the Civil Liability System Undermine Business Ethics? I hope you will take a look at that article and see what you think.

For your information, I expect to be taking other steps to express my citizen's disapproval of this litigation, and I will be indicating my actions in this Section J9 of my blog How To Combat Plaintiffs' Lawyers.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

No comments: